Sunday, November 26, 2006

Christmas Time Is Here!



My family has this little tradition where we put up the Christmas tree sometime around Thanksgiving. My wife and I have taken this tradition as our own, so on Friday, I brought up the artificial tree from the basement and we set it up. Usually I don't get into the Christmas spirit until the first snowfall, but since I moved to Virginia I've had to adapt to long periods without the white stuff. Putting the Christmas tree up has served as the perfect substitute. It's fun to take out the ornaments and remember fond memories about how they came to our possession. (Latest addition: a cute pair of "Parents To Be" chickens, courtesy of my family. One can only imagine how many "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments we'll get next year. The only part I don't like is that our limited space forces us to move the living room furniture around when the tree comes up. The bright, blinking lights of the tree make it all worthwhile. Now if only we'd get a little snow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home