Monday, November 13, 2006

Name That Baby!

Naming things is hard. Naming a living creature is harder. Naming your child is even harder, much harder than I would have thought. However, we did it. My wife and I have narrowed the choices down and have decided what our son/daughter will be called for the rest of his/her natural life. The girl's name was relatively easy. So, should I be the fortunate father of a little girl, the world wil be introduced to...

Victoria Grace

It's a nice flowing name, with a princess like ring to it, which is what Meredith wanted. I myself like it because it's not a common girl's name and well, just sounds nice.

The boy's name was much harder. I really didn't want a common name that is very popular. I prefer names that have a story to them. We came up with a good one. If we're blessed with a bouncing baby boy, he will henceforth be known throughout the world as...

Mathias

I know, strange name. Meredith had suggested early on naming it after me, but to be honest, I'm not very keen on the whole "junior" concept. Mathias is not only a variation of my name but also my Confirmation name. In a way, the child would be named after me too - when I told my mom the name, she told me that when I was little, her Aunt Julie would call me Mathias, and nothing else. I never knew that before!

You may have noticed there's no middle name with Mathias. We're still deciding that. truth is Mathias doesn't lend itself well to a second name - very few names sound good with it. We came up with a few, which I've posted in a poll below. Vote for your favorite, and if you have any further ideas, please let us know! Right now we're leaning towards Xavier, but we're open to other ideas!



Baby Keppel's Middle Name (Boy)



Mathias James
Mathias Thomas
Mathias Xavier
Something Else


View Results


Make your own poll

1 Comments:

At 11/14/2006 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Victoria Grace is beautiful. We've always like classic girls names anyway...like Catherine and Lillian...Violet...

I like Mathias. As much as I love the name Xavier though I don't think it goes well with Mathias. I do think Mathias James seems to roll better with Keppel as a last name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home