Thursday, February 15, 2007

No Love For Sacagawea


Golden George

So the U.S. Mint is catering to numismatists again, this time printing new golden dollar coins with each of our country's Presidents on them. That's cool and all, but what I really want to point out from this article is the 3rd paragraph:

"I think it's cool because we get to see a coin with the first president on it," said 7-year-old Jack Garbus, an avid coin collector and second-grader..."

OK, I know I should cut the kid some slack because he's only a second grader, but since he collects coins, you'd think he would have seen a quarter before! I'm sorry, it's the teacher in me, but now and again kids say things that really make me question our education system. Reminds me of the former student I had who thought Mark Twain was Shania Twain's husband...

If the U.S. wanted to market cool dollars, they should steal Canada's idea and make really cool multi-colored bills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home