Monday, April 30, 2007

Play Ball!

We interrupt this blog for a non-baby-related post...

My church has a softball team, and for the 2nd strait year I'm on it. Having never played before last year, it's an easy guess to say I'm not all that great. It's not that I'm bad, I just can't hit, run, catch or throw! Yesterday was our first game, against the Main Street Methodists. Unfortunately, we lost 11-4. Personally, I went 0-1, just a step away from reaching first on a grounder to the third baseman. In the field, I played a flawless right field. (Easy to do when no balls are hit to you.) I was actually kind of nervous playing RF. I normally play third, and greatly prefer the corner infield because I'm not a fast runner. I hoped I didn't have to run down any balls my side of the outfield, because there's no way I'd catch up to it. All in all it was a good first game, and I'm eager to get back and try again. Hopefully this time I get a hit.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5/01/2007 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Main St. Methodists? That sounds like a cover band.

 
At 5/01/2007 5:07 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Perhaps you were thinking of the New Main Street Singers?

 
At 5/02/2007 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I usually only suffer from a mighty wind after indian food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home