Saturday, April 07, 2007

Bending Space and Time

Hello, my name is Matt, and I am an internet addict. We've just gotten internet access back at the townhouse for the first time in about a week. A storm knocked out a fiber optic cable and left us without service. After 2 days without service, we called Comcast and were told that if we didn't have service by the next day to call again. Since we didn't have service, I decided that it would be a good time to move the computer. It had been in the spare bedroom, but with that becoming Baby K's new room, I lugged computer, desk, and everything associated with downstairs into the dining room. Next day comes, no service. We call, and of course, Comcast cannot send anyone out until this past Wednesday. So I set up an appointment. The tech was going to show up between 8am - 10am. Well, they didn't show. Instead they called the house phone to verify the appointment. We weren't told that they would call, and we definitely weren't told that the tech wouldn't show unless we verified. Otherwise, my wife would have picked up the phone when it rang. (99.99% of calls to our house phone are solicitations, so we never pick up. Family and friends call our cells.) So Comcast didn't show, and when I called, they said they couldn't do anything until next Monday. ARRRGGG! They didn't honor their appointment, so we have to wait longer? Make no sense to me. At least they said we'll get credit for the week we lost. And it turns out we didn't totally lose service - on a whim, I plugged the modem in upstairs again, and it worked! It's just the cable line downstairs that's messed up! So the computer is back upstairs for now, resting on a card table without any peripherals other than the monitor, mouse and keyboard.

The real tragedy of it all is that I actually had a horde of things to blog about. Lots of little thoughts and fun tidbits to share, but no means of sharing it. (I made a real effort not to surf during my lunch breaks at work.) So anyway, there should be numerous updates coming soon. And because I don't feel like repeating the phrase "Last week", I'll be backdating some of the posts. So pardon the cheating and bending the laws of space and time. It's Comcast's fault anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home