Sunday, March 18, 2007

Wallowing In My Blessed Geekiness


So, for those you who may know, Captain America is dead. Marvel Comics officially killed him off in the latest installment. Although I never got into comic books, I always enjoyed the superheroes that were portrayed. My father-in-law also loves superheroes, especially Spider-Man, and was an avid collector in his youth. We talked recently about Captain America's death and what it could mean for the value of his older comics. Yesterday he showed me a tote filed with old comics from the 60's. Only true geeks know how incredibly cool that is. He took out what Captain America comics he had and gave to me. I'm going to put them on Ebay and see what they'll fetch. In the meantime, I have 10 classic comic books to carefully leaf through and read. Awesome. Now if I can just get use to that mothball smell long enough to read an entire issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home