Wednesday, February 28, 2007

One Last Gig

So in the months I've spent searching for full time employment, I earned some extra money as an independent contractor for various staffing companies. I had one last job today. Easiest money I ever made. This PA based staffing company hired me to install a printer and wireless router for the local Army Recruiter office. I had set up the equipment, make sure it worked, then box up the old printer for recycling. When I got there, everything was already set up! One laptop couldn't print though. All I had to do was change the systems default printer setting. There wasn't even any old hardware to box up! The staffing company said they'd still pay me! $35 for a half-hour of my time. Not bad, not bad...

On an unrelated note, I must say that I left the Army Recruiter Office wondering how they ever convince anyone to sign up. Every third word out of the sergeant's mouth was an expletive. Plus he let out two really loud farts. I have nothing against the Army, I support our troops and everything, but if that guy represents today's US Soldier than no wonder they have so much trouble getting kids to enlist. It stands to reason that if you work for an organization or company, you represent that group. Swearing and passing gas like you were at home watching football in your underwear is unacceptable behavior regardless of where you work. It that really a difficult concept to understand?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home