Saturday, August 25, 2007

Green Valley Book Fair

In what has become one of my favorite things to do down here, my wife, daughter, and I went to the Green Valley Book Fair, a discount book outlet that has a huge selection of books for cheap. It's only the third time I've gone, but I love it. My goal each time out is usually the same: find one spiritual/religious book I can read during Adoration, and one book to read for fun. This time around, I picked up Pop Goes Religion, a look at spirituality in pop culture, and Spaulding's World Tour, an attempt to spread baseball throughout the world in the late 1800's. For this particular trip, we spent about $30 on 10 books, mostly children's books for Victoria. We also spent another $15 on a stuffed bear and raffle tickets to support the American Cancer Society, which had a table out side the entrance. It was a good trip, and I'm very thankful we had a chance to go again, especially since the place was air conditioned.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home