Sunday, December 07, 2008

Recovering At Home

I have never had surgery before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I got to the hospital and was led into the recovery room (by a nurse who just so happened to be a friend of my brother-in-law Ronald and was actually at my wedding reception - small world!) From there I got to change into those lovely hospital gowns and then get hooked up to all the standard equipment. The nurses took really good care of me and kept my anxiety to a minimum. Although I opted to stay awake and have the anesthesiologist numb just the lower half of my body, I ended up falling asleep before the procedure began - missed it completely. By the time I awoke it was all done and I was back in the recovery room. I went home later that day.

So now I'm recovering, and I've spent most of my time in the recliner. I'm obviously quite sore, but so far the pain hasn't been any worse than say a leg cramp. I have to keep my groan area iced for 24 hours, take a single pill of ibuprofen every 6 hours for the next two days, and have Percocet as needed (Works wonderfully, but doesn't last as long as I'd like). Honestly, the worst part of all this is that I can't lift my daughter up for a whole week. Still, I should be fine to return to work on Tuesday, so long as I don't overdo it.

That's about it. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12/07/2008 10:21 AM, Blogger Paul Gestwicki said...

I'm glad to hear that the procedure went smoothly. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers here.

 
At 12/08/2008 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything came out okay! Thinking of and missing you!

 
At 12/08/2008 11:18 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Thanks Paul and Sabby! I hope all is well on your respective ends!

Matt

 
At 12/09/2008 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Matt! My prayers are with you.

Skinner

 
At 12/09/2008 4:32 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Skinner you bum! It's your turn to call me! Even if it isn't, I think I'm entitled to a free pass here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home