Friday, June 15, 2007

McClung ?, St. John's 8

In softball, there is what is known as the "slaughter rule" - if one team is up by 10 or more runs after 5 innings, the game is called. Going into the 4th inning, we were only trailing by a 14-8 score. Then it got ugly, so much so I lost count to how many runs they scored. They may have reached 30 for all I know. Needless to say, we got crushed. What's funny is that St. John's played this same team yesterday and got crushed by them too.

Personally, I didn't do much. I came in as a substitute after the 4th inning, when it was still a game. During McClung's clinic on hitting, I manned 3rd base and didn't have anything hit my way except for a screamer down the 3rd base line I had absolutely no chance at. After their half of the inning we had our last ups, and I didn't get to have an at-bat. Oh well, it happens. Hopefully our next game on Tuesday will be better.

My Season: 1-4 (.250), 5 BB, 5 R

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home