Sunday, June 10, 2007

St.John's 18, Main St. Methodists 7

Holy Cow! I'm a lefty! Ok, a little back story - I am not a very good hitter. I stink, to be polite. Well, anyway, back on Mother's Day, we went to the park with Mer's family and decided to get a little practice in. I needed work on my hitting, but despite everyone's best advice, I kept swinging and missing. For fun, I tried batting left handed, and surprisingly I had much better luck making contact.

Fast forward to today - I decided to bat lefty, and wouldn't you know, I got my first hit of the season! I almost got a 2nd hit too, just missed by a nanosecond. For the day I was 1-2 with a walk and 2 runs scored. Defensively, they put me at second. I've never played that position before, and although it was a shorter throw to 1st than I'm used to, it's a lot more ground for me to cover. fortunately I fielded my one opportunity cleanly but overeagerly threw the ball to first when I had no chance to get the runner.

Now that I got my first hit out of the way, hopefully I can get my first RBI soon!

My season: 1-4 (.250), 5 BB, 5 R

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home