Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Follow Up Appointment

Today was my follow up appointment with the urologist, Dr. Beebe. The biopsy of the mass did find some malignant elements. However, the rest of the results indicate that it did not spread anywhere and that most likely everything went away with the surgery. Unfortunately, when dealing with cancer, "most likely" isn't how you want to end things. So I'm still traversing that bump in the road. Next Tuesday I go in for a CT scan, where they'll check my chest, lungs, and pelvic region for any signs of spreading. From there it looks like a visit with an oncologist. From what I gather there are a couple different routes I can take, but whichever path it looks like I'll be closely monitored for the next 3 years or so.

As to how I'm feeling, I'm good. It's obviously still sore, and I still need help putting on my socks and shoes, but the pain has been minimal, everything is healing as it should, and I'm in good spirits. I even get the staples taken out next Tuesday.

More to come later. Thanks for all the comments!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home