Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lights Out

Random observations here:

It's been raining all day today. As I was driving home for lunch, I couldn't help but notice a number of cars driving without their headlights on. I was always taught that when the weather was bad enough for you to need windshield wipers, you had to put your lights on. This is especially true in the Shenandoah Valley region, where we're high enough up to get lots of fog during rainstorms. But it seems like a large portion of the driving community around here just don't bother. How large a group you ask? Well, I decided to count how many mobile cars I saw sans headlights on my way back to work. I counted 14 cars in a 2.5 mile stretch along some well traveled roadways. Granted, I probably saw over a hundred cars total, but doesn't 14 seem high to you? It does to me. Later that evening when it was darker, it appeared everyone had their headlights on. So I guess I can't classify this as people being stupid so much as just being "not bright".

That was a bad pun even for me...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home