Wednesday, February 11, 2009

3 Favors

The Good News: After working a minimum of 5 hours every day for the past 41 days, I'll have the next 5 days off.

The Bad News:
I won't get to enjoy it.

Those of you who have been reading my blog, communicating with me on Facebook, or have had actual human contact with me know that tomorrow I'm going to the hospital for more surgery. If I'm lucky, this will be the last thing ever removed from my body. Today I get to prep by drinking like a fish and eating nothing but jello or chicken broth. The surgery is set for 10:00AM tomorrow, and I'll be spending a minimum of one night there. My personal hope is that I'm home by Valentine's Day. I'm sure my wife will post updates on her Facebook and MySpace pages, but I'll give a complete report when I am able to get back online.

So while I was thinking how I was going to word this post, I thought of the concept of asking for 3 favors - one for me, one for yourself, and one for someone else. All 3 are quick and simple to do, and it would mean a lot if anyone reading this performed these small tasks.

A Favor For Me - I'm a big proponent of the power of prayer. I honestly believe it is our greatest weapon against all the crap that happens in our lives. So, tomorrow, I ask you say a small prayer for me, that my surgery goes well and my recovery is swift. Nothing fancy. And for those of you who don't have the Lord on speed-dial, sending warm happy thoughts my way works too.

A Favor For Yourself - Give yourself a test. The ball got rolling (literally!) on all this when I checked myself and found a lump. It easy to do, doesn't take long and can be done in the privacy of the shower. Don't know what to look for? Click here if you're a guy or here if you're a gal.

A Favor For Someone Else - I've been meaning to post this for awhile, and now is good a time as any. Go to The Breast Cancer Site and click on the link to donate a mammogram to someone who may need it. It doesn't cost anything!

Thanks again for all the support. I'll see you in a few days!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home