Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Abominable Snow Honda

My wife and I are very fortunate to own two cars. We have the van, of course, but we also have my wife's old Honda, which I drive almost exclusively to and from work. I'm not fond of the Honda, but it runs and gets me from point A to B, which is all I can really ask for. It does have it's little eccentricities, such as a speedometer that only works 10% of the time and the a window that doesn't roll down.

*Fun Fact: A car will pass VA State Inspection if the speedometer doesn't work, but if the driver side window can't roll down, it'll fail.

Anyway, it's not the driver side window that fails now but the window in the back seat behind it. The gear is busted and as a result the window doesn't stay rolled up. Most of the time, regardless of weather, the window is open about 2 inches.

Enter yesterday's snowstorm.

As I was shoveling out the Honda this morning, I noticed the crack in the Honda.



So I made my way around to the other side and opened the door.



That's quite a bit of snow accumulation, don't you think? Fortunately, I learned long ago not to put anything of value in that back seat, so no worries. Still, in all my years living in Western NY, I never had to shovel off the inside of a car. To funny!



*I apologize for the poor photo quality - the limitations of a cell phone camera!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home