Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Best Case Senario

SOFT TISSUE, RIGHT SPERMATIC CORD, EXCISION:
- BENIGN FIBROVASCULAR TISSUE, NO EVIDENCE OF MALIGNANCY

LYMPH NODES, PERIAORTIC, DISSECTION:
- NO HISTOPATHOLOGIC ABNORMALITY (6 NODES)

LYMPH NODES, PERICAVAL, DISSECTION
- NO HISTOPATHOLOGIC ABNORMALITY (5 NODES)


And there we have it. I had my follow up appointment today, two weeks after my surgery, and the news could not have been better. Everything came back good. What this means is that I am for all intents and purposes cancer free! Well, not completely 100% guaranteed - there is still a microscopic chance something went to the lungs. Because of that, I will be closely monitored for the next 5 years. The first two years are the important ones. For the first year, I'll have to get blood work and chest x-rays every two months. After a year, it goes to every three months, and will get progressively more infrequent with each remaining year. I'll take that over any more CT Scans and surgery!

Speaking of surgery - I'm recovering quite well. My little holes are healing nicely, I'm not in any pain and have resumed working. The only limitations I have is that I can't hold Victoria for very long.

Thanks again to everyone who have been so supportive during these past 3 months!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home