Monday, July 16, 2007

Benchwarmers: A Lot, St. John's: A Little

We played our last regular season game today, and lost once again to the dreaded Slaughter Rule. I had a horrible game striking out twice and having my only two fielding chances end up a fraction of what they could have been. The first, I just tipped a screamer down the first base line that almost took the glove right off my hand. I knew I could have gotten it. Granted, it was hit so hard I might have broken my hand, but still, so close. The other opportunity was a grounder that I fielded cleanly enough, but juggled on the transfer to my throwing hand, allowing the runners to reach safely.

We end our season in third place with a 4-12 record. Fortunately, everyone qualifies for the playoffs regardless of record, so we have at least one more game on Friday. If we win that, we get to play Sunday as well.

My Season: 4-14 (.286), 5 BB, 5 R, 1 RBI

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home