Sunday, July 08, 2007

St. John's 10, WWRC 7

Whew, was it ever hot today! It was easily high 80s/low 90s. Unfortunately, our opponents had a game in the sun right before facing us, so I definitely felt sorry for them. Their pitcher threw the ball very flat with some back-swing on it, so he struck out a bunch of us during the game (including me twice). We were able to get some good solid hits off him though.

Personally, this was my best game defensively. I made a fantastic stabbing catch of a line drive to the left of me. I also fielded everything cleanly, except for one ball that hit the third base bag. I need to work on transferring the ball from the glove to my throwing hand and getting the ball to the first baseman. Twice I fielded a grounder and didn't get rid of it in time. At the plate, in addition to the two K's, I did manage a base hit. Alas, I tried to reach second when the first baseman missed the catch, but I was too slow and thrown out at second.

My Season: 3-10 (.300 Ave), 5 BB, 5 R

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home